Drawing 101.2


Because I am working hard at improving my drawing skills (if you could actually call it that.. hehe..), I have created another Paint drawing of my outfit for today.

Not sure if it has improved since yesterday but here are a few observations:

           - It is harder to use the mouse to draw that it is to use the pencil or the pen (I have nothing but respect and awe to the graphic artists for being so good with their craft while using only the mouse!)

           - It is better to work on your project when it is zoomed in because you can see the lines better, but to appreciate it, you need to zoom out for the bird's eye view
       
         - Paint is not the best application to use for nice drawings because of its limited functions but it is one of the best tools to get elementary drawing lessons like what I am getting right now... ;-)

            - If it is hard to draw figures, it is much harder to draw letters. I am actually quite good at lettering with my hands but not so using the mouse.

             - The next time I think about complaining on how awful some graphic designs are on cartoons I watch, I have a better perspective and am more sympathetic... I can just imagine how they did it prior to all the easy-to-use softwares nowadays! 

Anyway, no more delaying.. here is the final output:



It seems that yesterdays output was better though, or is it because the outfit was just better or less complicated to draw? You be the judge because for sure I cannot be impartial as I would look at both and see Picasso's or Monet's!!! (hahaha..I wish!)


My thoughts:
- It looks like I was more plump yesterday and skinny today...
- And how come the figures seem to be reclining to the left? I need to work on getting that straight and upright..
- The shape of my face was better yesterday too...

Improvement:
- I have legs now and labels (whohoo!)
- The sneakers now look like sneakers (or at least my brain sympathizes with my hands and signals it to think those are actually sneakers..)

Right now, I am working for a client that requires me to work with Adobe Illustrator so I might be able to take this drawing practices to a higher level using a nice software, so we'll see how that goes!

In the meantime, I'll practice more on Paint. (I have, however, checked out the oil paintings and canvass section of National Bookstore when I had a chance visit last night.. I might actually get my hands dirty "literally" and get into painting as well...) 

I am not sure but I feel like my creative juices have seeped back when I thought I've lost it because I got all busy. I remember now that I used to do a lot of DIY stuff and crafts before but I stopped after I no longer had time and the resources or the inspiration.

Maybe, this year is a good year for me after all. Hail to being 33 and being creative (or at least I think so) again! 



(for the first time, pictures are no longer from google search but from my own original files! yey!) 

07/25/14 @9:13am
nmed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do opposites attract and similar repel?? I beg to disagree!!

Legolas oh Legolas...

Product Review: Magnolia Pancake Plus (with maple syrup)