Me @ 33
I realized just last week that my age right now is my favorite number doubled. It just dawned on me that I am actually already 33. (I know, it took me a month and 10 days to realize that but for some reason for the past few months I felt like I was in a cave and have just recently emerged, ergo, the late realization…)
My favorite number is 3 and since it is 3 doubled, I thought, maybe this is a good year for me. Hmm..
Hopefully it is!
Just for curiosity sake though, I googled the number 33 and found some interesting stuff relating to the number:
• A normal human spine has 33 vertebrae when the bones that form the coccyx are counted individually
• 33 is, according to the Newton scale, the temperature at which water boils
• Jesus's age when he was crucified in 33 A.D., according to many Christian traditions, though not verified historically.
• According to Al-Ghazali the dwellers of Heaven will exist eternally in a state of being age 33.
• Jesus performed 33 recorded miracles
• Islamic prayer beads are generally arranged in sets of 33, corresponding to the widespread use of this number in dhikr rituals. Such beads may number thirty-three in total or three distinct sets of thirty-three for a total of ninety-nine, corresponding to the names of God.
• 33 is not only a numerical representation of “the Star of David,” but also the numerical equivalent of AMEN: 1+13+5+14=33.
• Pope John Paul I, the 33-day pope. One of the shortest reigns in papal history, and it resulted in the most recent 3-pope year.
• the highest degree in the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry.
• A religious image of the Virgin Mary from the 18th century is known in Uruguay as "Virgen de los Treinta y Tres" (Virgin of the Thirty-Three); it was consecrated by Pope John Paul II in his visit to Uruguay in 1988.
• There are several churches dedicated to this Marian devotion, being the most important the Cathedral Basilica of Our Lady of the Thirty-Three in Florida, Uruguay.
• The number 33 was discovered to lead to the essential meaning of life (the Bible) in Dan Brown's 2009 novel "The Lost Symbol".
• This is also the alleged age that Alexander the Great (Alexander of Macedonia) died at, the age of 33
Wow, who would’ve thought one number (or two in this case) could signify a lot of different things..(some even quite serious and thought-provoking) and I didn’t really think too much about it, (well, that is, until today) I was only going to google for images but saw other things as well.
Anyway, no matter what the number means to different people and various areas, I just really wish it means “a good year”.
Cheers to being 33! :-)
nmed @1:09pm 07/14/14