Do opposites attract and similar repel?? I beg to disagree!!



For sure you've heard of the cliche "birds of the same feather flock together"; however there is also a saying "opposites attract and similar repel" which means exactly its opposite. So really, what gives?

For sure, in the world of electricity; "opposites attract" is a fact but I think with the psychology of man, the former is more applicable. 

I say this because of a personal experience with an unknown attraction to certain personalities and characters both in real life and in the fictional world. 

Here are some of the personalities and characters I'm unusually drawn to...


Bugs Bunny - I adored him as a kid and even as a adult, I still think he is so fun and intelligent! 



Adam Savage - I'm a fan of Mythbusters ofcourse!


Tom Hanks - I honestly think there is not one movie he starred it that wasn't good or wasn't played well!


Neil Patrick Harris - I first loved him as a genius and child prodigy in Doogie Howser, M.D. 


Captain Jack Sparrow - I can't think of a reason not to like him! 


Sirius Black - Who wouldn't want to have a godfather who had powers and could turn into a big bad black dog (or pretty much anything), right? 



Tony Stark - Yes, it's definitely the billionaires with robots that have all the kick-a** fun in the world and the best part is - the world just allows them ey! 


Dr. Gregory House M.D. - He would be me if I were a doctor too! haha.. It's scary but I could really relate to him...and I think I've said this quote below so many times already, possibly even without the "please" part...




Thomas Edison - the light bulb is a great invention not just in the material world but also in the philosophical world - err, ever heard of the term "light bulb moment"?


Socrates - I've found myself quoting him multiple times and have to agree with a lot of his thoughts. 


Walt Disney - What's not to like about the person who literally made dreams come true and made it even bigger than life! 


Leonardo da Vinci - They don't call him the "Renaissance Man" for nothing! 


What if all these people were in the same room? Can you just imagine how possibly crazy, adventure-filled, extremely informative, insanely fun and even risky and possibly combustible the whole room would be? 

It would be a meeting of great minds, good thinkers, risky innovators and geniuses!! If this were to actually happen, I would kill to be in the next room just listening in! (ofcourse by kill, I mean the figurative meaning...)

So, now, back to the premise on "birds of the same feather flock together". 

For a while now, I've been obsessed about my ENTP personality and how uncovering and knowing about it has made me more aware of why I am WHY I am and gave me a deeper insight to why I do what I do. Ofcourse this led me to discovering other people of my same type and guess what? 

All those featured above are all ENTPs just like me! 

Kick-ass thinkers and innovators who see rules as nothing more than a wall to climb on and who don't take life too seriously except themselves when they're totally obsessed in getting an answer to a puzzle everyone else has stopped to uncover and whose lives are mostly lived not being understood by half (if not all) of the world they live in and considered too blunt and sarcastic by lesser individuals who can't catch up! Considered radical and at times crazy by the society during their time but after their time are considered geniuses and forward-thinkers! 

Now I know why I am unnaturally drawn to these people because no matter how opposites apparently attract; at the end of the day, it's still the likeness that brings people together and makes them move forward and unto greater things! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Magnolia Pancake Plus (with maple syrup)

Legolas oh Legolas...