Man's True Nature


I still want to believe the concept that "man is naturally good until proven otherwise" but everything else these days leads me to think otherwise.

Just 2 days ago, our house was robbed and I lost my office Blackberry, my husbands touch-screen phone, and some money from my wallet. And that left me very devastated! But the hardest thing for me to accept was that my phone had 5 months worth of my baby's pictures and videos - that was my biggest pain! Because there is no way I can still retrieve those. (just thinking of it again makes we want to cry)

That thought kept me sobbing for a long time and really made my heart sink. Those pictures of my baby's smile, his first few steps, his first few acts of rolling over and crawling and even his wonderful conversations with me. All those I could never get back!!!

It may seem like such a petty thing but to me it is a big deal. It was not just material things that the thief took, it was a big chunk of precious memories. And I really want to curse him for it! I even want to harm him just so he knows how extremely upset I am of this great intrusion to our family and our home.

The incident even caused some ruckus between me and my husband that also affected my little baby. That thief really ruined a family that day. I hope he gets the right punishment for his wrong deeds.

I know it is bad to wish ill of others but I cannot help but do so because of what he did to our family. I feel so violated and I am so frustrated that there is just nothing I can do about it.

My frustration has even escalated because those thieves (they are children) are already quite infamous because they have had numerous victims already and yet they seem to always get away with it. It makes me feel how ineffective our justice system is because of how these people can just get away with crime.

If I were to decide,(and this is under the assumption that our justice system is THAT reliable), I would implement the "eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth" type of crime punishment. So whoever steals will get their hands cut off, who ever kicks others will get their legs cut off, who ever rapes will get something cut off, etc. Let us see then who still has the guts to steal using only one hand?

I just think for people to learn about their crime is through proper punishment and if an Iron Hand is what we need to accomplish that then by all means let us strike and strike hard. If we always let these people walk away with their petty crimes then pretty soon they will become veterans at it and become hard-core criminals. I say we nip them at the bud and reap the rewards of a more peaceful neighborhood.

Maybe the City of Gotham in the story Batman is just a story but with all these happenings, it is not long before we become that. A society that is ruled by criminals, and fear criminals, and have criminals as leaders...

Why do we have to wait for that to happen when we can all be Batman starting now and help protect our families and properties by being look-outs of peace? But we can't afford to all be Batmans, right? Not all of us have the resources nor the time to be one. We would rather spend our hours working to feed our families or spend with our children - - only to be sourly disappointed when these menaces take away what we worked so hard for.

In lieu of a proper justice system on earth, we just hope that elsewhere, during the after-life; all these people will pay for their crime and reap the rewards befitting of their evil actions.

Because only then can we truly say - - JUSTICE has been served.

As for the concept that people are naturally good, I still want to believe in it and I still do. I hope never to encounter anything so devastating that would lead me to believe otherwise. God bless us all.



nmed 04/27/12 finished @ 2:38am





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do opposites attract and similar repel?? I beg to disagree!!

Product Review: Magnolia Pancake Plus (with maple syrup)

Legolas oh Legolas...