BOOK REVIEW: TETHERED TWINS By Author Mike Essex


I like to read but since my attention span is quite short, I am not fond of reading novels or books with many pages. I tend to just stick to either short stories or compilations instead.

I did however, read this book Tethered Twins after I got a free e-book copy from free-ebooks.net and am I glad I had chosen this book as one of my 5 free e-books a month.

When I searched for e-books to download, the cover photo of this book really captured my attention and so I read the synopsis and it seemed to have an interesting story so I downloaded it.


After reading the very first few lines off of it, I got hooked and wanted to know what would come next. Every page was calling for the next page and so on, that even while riding the jeepney either on my way to work or on my way home, I just had to take my phone out to read the story.

The author did great storytelling, and although there were some violent and gruesome scenes (which were needed to paint images of the story in the reader’s head), it was a good read. The story took me to places I have never been and it gave me front row seats to the society he was telling a story about – a story of a society where everyone had twins!

For someone who gets bored quite easily, I wasn’t bored in any of the pages and I was in fact engulfed by the story that I was reacting to its every twist and turn. I was able to slightly forecast some of the things that would happen but it still gave a lot to the imagination. (I usually think in advance, be it movies or books..)

I would highly recommend this book and in fact am on the look-out for a copy of Book 2 and pretty soon Book 3. (The author revealed that in his message at the end of the book.)

My rating: 5 out of 5

Go get a copy for yourself. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do opposites attract and similar repel?? I beg to disagree!!

Product Review: Magnolia Pancake Plus (with maple syrup)

Legolas oh Legolas...