This is EARGASMIC! (no this is not a typo!) ;-)







I have a thing for smells and sounds.

Here are some of the smells I like:

The smell of “Pinakurat”. :-)

The smell of airconditioning when you pass by Metro Gaisano entrance but you don’t go inside it.

The smell of new books, new clothes, new bags and new shoes.  (You gotta admit they smell really good!)

The smell of balikbayan boxes when first opened and of items inside it. Or balikbayans when they first arrive home. (This is called “amoy abroad”)

The smell of cookies and freshly-baked bread and the smell of garlic and onion when it hits a hot pan while cooking. (This gives me mental images of comfort food and cozy simple living…)

The smell of babies. (Just thinking about it makes me all warm and fuzzy..)

The smell of a certain lotion that never gets by me everytime – Alyssa Ashley’s Musk! (I always know if someone is using this lotion even if they are not that near to me..)

Here are smells I don’t like:

Some people like it but I don’t – the smell of freshly-cut grass because to me it smells like the stench of death and blood coming from millions of severed blades of grass. (I think it is form of massacre...no offense meant for those who do mow their lawns...)

Some people are turned on by it but I don’t like the smell of sweat. (Apparently in the animal kingdom though, smells actually bring out mating instincts… )

Smell of blood. (yey, I am not a vampire yet..)

Here are sounds I like:

Sound of a goat eating grass or any plant. (I’ve tried feeding “batilis” to goats just so I could listen to the sound it makes…hehe)

Cracking of dried leaves. (If and when I see dried leaves on the street, I like to walk on them to listen to the cracking sounds it makes)

Crunchy sounds of food. (This might sound kinda gross though..hehehe)

Paper rustling, folding and cutting. (I swear this one is so addictive!)

Sound of ripples and water. (very relaxing and calming…)

Sound of firewood.  (This one is so calming and romantic..)

Typing on keyboard. (Possibly because I love to write?)

Sounds I don’t like:

Sirens. (It makes me nervous and jumpy…)

Static sound the tv makes when the network signs off – reminds of the movie “The Ring”.

Loud ticking of a clock or the loud alarm of a grandfather clock – because they sound eerie and are used mostly on horror films.


I hadn't really thought about it until I saw a video once on Youtube about how to make a wallet from paper and I stuck around for the sounds of the paper folding and not so much because of the product itself.

One viewer commented on the video and said it was the reason he stuck around and because I could relate, I commented as well. Another girl then made another comment about ASMR videos and that sparked my interest! ;-)

Apparently, there are others out there like me who seem to love certain sounds too…(finally, I am not as weird as I thought I was!! Hehe)

It is called ASMR.



Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a neologism for a perceptual phenomenon characterized as a distinct, pleasurable tingling sensation in the head, scalp, back, or peripheral regions of the body in response to visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, and/or cognitive stimuli. The nature and classification of the ASMR phenomenon is controversial,[1] with a considerable cult following and strong anecdotal evidence to support the phenomenon but little or no scientific explanation or verified data.[2] (Wikipedia)

Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) is a physical sensation characterized by a pleasurable tingling that typically begins in the head and scalp, and often moves down the spine and through the limbs. Also known as : AIHO (Attention induced head orgasm), AIE (Attention induced euphoria), or simply "head orgasms"/"head tingles". (http://www.urbandictionary.com/)

These “things” that induce ASMR reaction are called ASMR triggers.

So, in my post today, I will indulge myself with the my ASMR triggers. (i.e. paper sounds, dried leaves, water sounds, crunchy food sounds, typing on keyboard sound and burning wood sound..)

These are just a few of my own triggers and who knows, it might be yours as well! So if it is, then enjoy!!! 


Head phones are definitely needed for this exercise!

Paper folding

Dried leaves

Water Marbles

Crunchy Foods


Typing on keyboard


Burning Wood


I hope you enjoyed the soundtrip today and got your own share of eargasm as well..

Do share ~ what is your ASMR trigger??? 




nmed 10/02/14 @1:05pm

I  just remembered an interesting audio from before shared to me by a colleague called Virtual Barbershop and it dawned on me that is was actually a perfect use of the ASMR in a narrative. You shouldn't miss this and definitely put your headphones to the highest volume.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do opposites attract and similar repel?? I beg to disagree!!

Product Review: Magnolia Pancake Plus (with maple syrup)

Legolas oh Legolas...